Cart is empty
Network Systems Administrator (Linux)
Network Systems Administrator (Linux)- Shenzhen
This role is based in Shenzhen.
If you are an ambitious individual with a genuine interest in crypto-currencies, cutting-edge technologies and are seeking a fast-track rewarding career look no further! Black Arrow Software is seeking a Unix Systems Administrator to provide class service support service to both office based and remote employees. As a system administrator you will be responsible for the operation and installation of Linux servers and mining network that Black Arrow operates. You will be responsible for working towards eliminating downtimes and increase productivity by creating redundant systems.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for incident resolution, processing of change requests, and contributions to problem management for UNIX and Linux platform cases, as well as VMware ESX / Citrix Xen.
- Administration of mining pool
- Redundancies systems
- Create and manage safe system for high performance in a 24/7 environment
- Responsible for solving incidents whilst providing constant updates until service restoration (end to end)
- Perform hands-on fixes at the machine level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications
- Maintain, troubleshoot and co-ordinate replacement of faulty hardware.
- Troubleshoot end user issues and system issues on a routine basis
- Research, stage and implement new patches, rollouts and upgrades for various applications and hardware to maximize integrity and efficiency of the system
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in handling TCP- and IP-based networks
- Hands-on experience in Linux Systems administration, Citrix Xen or VMWare ESXi
- Experience with PC and ARM-based hardware, Ubuntu, Android, DHCP, DNS, system configuration, running process debugging.
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language (Python, Ruby, Perl or Bash)
- Experience working with incidents, problems, IT orders, requests, changes and releases
- English knowledge is an advantage
- Experience working in large enterprise organizations (advantageous)
- The candidates will have professional experience supporting Linux Server environments and must be willing and able to support a 24x7x365 operation that will include off-hours support and shift work as required by the business.
- The ability to provide exceptional technical communication, both written and oral, is a must. You should be motivated to learn new technologies and provide creative solutions to complex problems
- A degree in IT, UNIX professional qualifications or equivalent proven experience in a technical support role.
- Previous experience working in 24x7 operational environments
- Familiarity with systems monitoring and compliance tools
- Basic understanding of PHP, HTML, XML, SSL and C programming language
- Knowledgeable in Linux Volume Manager (LVM), EXT3, VMFS